Tales on the Town is a downtown scavenger hunt which celebrates Hartsville’s art, history, education and economic development.
After traveling the world, Hart Fox decided to settle down in her favorite place, a small town called Hartsville. She saw that Hartsville is kind and compassionate–a perfect place to raise her thirteen pups. Mama Fox, as her pups call her, watches over her little foxes as they play and scamper in town. However, those mischievous pups love to play hide and seek. Can you help her find all thirteen little foxes hidden in plain sight?
Find all the foxes and get a certificate for helping Hart Fox find her pups! Visit The Key before or after the hunt to receive your certificate. Can’t visit The Key? Snap a selfie with the foxes and send the photos, along with your name and email address, to the Hartsville Tourism Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tales on the Town is an art installation celebrating art, history, education, and economic development in the City of Hartsville. It is a project of the Greater Hartsville Chamber of Commerce’s Leadership Hartsville program Class of 2013.
Find the Foxes
- Rafferty Red Fox likes to spend time with our Mayor. He can always tell you what time it is by looking at the big, tall clock on the corner.
- Roxy Red Fox likes to stay up late and drink coffee – even at Midnight!
- Raymond Red Fox loves to learn. You’ll find him guarding the gates of our local college.
- Royce Red Fox thinks that his cottage home is the most important part of Hartsville.
- Ramona Red Fox enjoys telling stories – especially about Hartsville! Find her and learn more about the history of our City.
- Roberta Red Fox loves to see a good performance. She even has a special seat!
- Rainey Red Fox watches over your money, outside of a building that is over 100 years old!
- Raphael Red Fox likes to paint and gather with other art lovers.
- Riordan Red Fox can be found where the bookworms shop for bestsellers.
- Rosa Red Fox likes to smell the flowers and listen to the bustle of traffic at downtown’s busiest intersection.
- Rikki Red Fox used to shop for hats at the old Coker Department Store. Now she watches people exercise!
- Ripley Red Fox is very fast. He likes to race around the path in the Vista near the Governor’s School for Science and Mathematics.
- Reese Red Fox sits on the grass and looks at the names of the heroes of Hartsville.
- Hart Red Fox keeps a watchful eye on the park where her little foxes run and play.
Stumped? Find all of the locations here.
- Bunky and Lyn Joyce
- City of Hartsville
- Coker College
- Duke Energy
- Karl H. and Jo Ann Smith
- Sonoco Products Company
- SPC Credit Union
- Segars Realty
- Fairfield Inn
- Mutual Savings Bank
Best Overall Design: John Byrd, HHS
Sculptor: B.J. Coughlin
Tales on the Town is a project of the Greater Hartsville Chamber of Commerce’s Leadership Hartsville program Class of 2013.
This place is #OpenOnSundays.